7/13/2010

PHOTO'S FROM the last days of SAN FRANCISCO

Okay, so I have been pretty behind in my updates, I'm currently working on picking up where I left off though, so don't worry! We are on our way to Portland today, and are currently in beautiful Eugene OR. Since Frisco, we've been all over on our way North up the coast, and I have some amazing stories and photos to share with you all. I just haven't been able to write at the pace of our lives lately, and sometimes, it's just worth it to see that as a blessing, and not stress.
So, here. Heres a bunch of photos from our last days in San Francisco. Chew on it for the time being, I have some good writing on the way, and some AMAZING photos from our journey up the winding roads off the coast of HW. 1, the redwoods, and our transition from urban camping, to real camping, to... well, where we are now.
I'm short on time, so if I'm short on quips, forgive me- We've gotta get to Portland!

Until we meet again...

Regards,
Joseph R. Reeves


Some final photo's of Ben, who departed from our company nearly 3 weeks ago. Thats how behind I've been... Yikes. Hard to believe its been a month on the road already!


Peace out Ben! We all miss your company, but appreciate the space you left us with in the car...


I had quite a J.U.I.C.E. list for my last day or so of San Francisco. I got most of it done, except I almost didn't have time for the groceries. I found God, and he helped me with those though (thank God)...


The developing relationship between Chassy and B.O., gets closer and closer to a Big brother/little sister relationship every day. Sometimes, its hilarious, other times I need my ear plugs.


B.O. Stepping too close to the BART train. ANOTHER spactacular and affordable mode of transportation San Fran has to offer! Bay Area Rail Transit is what it stands for, and its a great way to travel across the bridge to Oakland, or Berkely, for only a few bucks. It's hella fast too! NOTE: People on the West Coast say HELLA, allot.


Looks pretty comfy to me. Berkely is a good place for a nap it seems.


The nice little Berkeley area is friendly, and much smaller than San Francisco. I don't feel it compared at all though- thats just me.


Central Downtown area



Spreading love is one thing, but this is a whole 'nother thing...


These hills get ridiculous!


NOTE: People in Oregon, don't like my 49'ers jersey.


I TOLD YOU THESE HILLS ARE NUTS!!


Everybody in San Francisco probably has a really tight butt from walking up hills all day. I guess thats a good thing, right?


The streets go on forever it seems...


In Chinatown, the stores are packed to the brim with crazy crap!


Made in China


Chinatown was so fun to hang around in, the produce was hella cheap!


Wanna know how you can tell its Chinatown? 'Cause the signs are written in Chinese, Duh! See, like that one there...


Heres me standing in front of a crazy little shop in Chinatown. I did my hair differently that day. And my eyes.


Plenty of white folk in China town too, and Buddha!






Heres a strange old asian couple we met at the fish market.


CITY LIGHTS BOOKSTORE!!!! I'm such a nerd for this place! Ginsberg did his first reading of "HOWL" here, and all those other 'beat' legends, well, they did stuff here too... "Are you guys hiring broke writers who take to the road in search of america by chance?" I can sweep also...


Ginsberg! Beats! Yay!


Heres me at JACK KEROUAC drive! I'm the one with the pink bag, running from the camera...


This is an old snapshot, of Karouac's famed hero of the road, NEIL CASSIDEY! Look suspiciously familliar B.O.? God, I feel so unoriginal... (sigh)...



Here's a sweet mural of other nerds like me, doing that thing that school makes us do... read. I think I like this city.


Heres a little asian supermarket, filled to the brim with super cheap produce and other things that I can't identify, and look potentially poisonous. BING CHERRIES go 79 cents per TWO POUNDS. Strange numbers to go by...



hella food!


Hella cherries, and B.O. being hella silly...


The trolley is nice to save you a walk up the crazy hills, but its a freakin' rip off! The ONE form of public transportation that isn't very affordable...


Look at this hill! God, I still can barely believe it...


The somber ride out of SAN FRANCISCO...

I am working on more writing to bring everyone up to speed, and I've got some photo's to flex, that aren't my typical clumsy documentation on the fly... Keep checkin in, I think I'll have a new post up within the next 2 days.

No comments: